To prepare for the CIM Exposition, I reviewed our previous meeting notes (although CIM was our first full event together, this was my second time working with the FWS Group – I had also provided some pre-show consulting services to help with their planning for this event) and studied the company website as well as other available literature. Once I arrived in Canada, I had an opportunity to sit down for a meeting with a few representatives to further discuss their goals for this event and the information we would be sharing with attendees on-site.
My main responsibilities were to welcome attendees into our booth, assess their level of interest in/need for our offerings, and to collect/share pertinent information. Although other exhibitors may have had difficulty in maximizing their time during this event, we found that the relaxed atmosphere at CIM provided an excellent opportunity to network with current clients, potential partners, and other industry contacts. For example, because their booth was properly represented for the duration of the show, each FWS Group company representative was able to take the time to go out and about (enjoying informal meetings, evening receptions, and other work functions in Montreal).
This was a productive event for the FWS Group. I enjoyed working with their team and we all had a great time strengthening those industry connections.
- Comments from Ray Bisson, VP – Business Development at The FWS Group -
“Very positive attitude and a willingness to be available with a goal to help us succeed.”
Latest posts by Robyn Davis (@Robyn_WINH) (see all)
- Articles, Birthdays, and What I Learned from Gavin DeGraw [WINH August Newsletter] - August 14, 2013
- What I Learned about Marketing Buzz from Gavin DeGraw in Concert - August 1, 2013
- Question about Skipping Trade Show Literature to “Go Green” - July 25, 2013
- 25 Tips for Successful Trade Show Speaking Engagements (Presentations) - July 18, 2013
- Benefits and Tips for Tangible Trade Show Sponsorships (like Lanyards, Bags, and Room Keys) - July 11, 2013